43 Miller Drive
Please mention you found us on: findpetboarding.com
I am now open. However there will be some new rules in place for new and existing customers. Please look at my Covid 19 conditions (on other services furthur down the page or on my main website). Unfortunately, I will not be able to have any customers come for viewings or to bring their pet/s down to their holiday accommodation.
I hope to welcome new customers, and they are more then welcome to book with me. However a non refundable deposit would still be needed in this case.
You can look on my boarding photos page (on my main website or on the photos here) which shows the garden area with runs, and the night time sheds, with hutches. I hope you can understand but at the present time it would not be possible.
Thank you for your understanding and patience. I hope to see you soon.
Please note: I am no longer offering boarding over Christmas and New year. This is between the 24th of December and the 2nd of January. So latest collection before Christmas will need to be by the 23rd of December and boarding will commence on the 3rd of January.
Please also refer to open hours information (or my prices page on my other website) where I have listed dates where I am available for boarding but am closed for the day. So if you were looking to bring or collect on these dates you would need to adjust to either the day before or the day after.
I offer pet boarding for small animals (rabbits, guinea pigs and tortoises) for holidays in Fareham, Hampshire.
I have had many years of personal experience looking after rabbits, guinea pigs and tortoises.
I have looked after rabbits, (long haired and short), guinea pigs,(long haired and short) and tortoises, as part of my boarding service.
I can only offer boarding to certain breeds of tortoises, these include: Herman's, Horsefield, European spur, marginated tortoises.
Unfortunately I am no longer able to offer spaces for tortoises who need tortoise tables or vivariums. I can only offer spaces for small boxes (cardboard or plastic). And cannot take boxes with sand/soil. This will be what your tortoise/s will sleep in at night, so does not need to be big enough to walk around in as they will only sleep in this.
I have fold up fabric playpens which I can use in the house for tortoises on days when it is not warm enough for them to go in their outdoor runs. Just like the outside runs your tortoise will be assigned their own inside run area for their stay, so not to cross contaminate. All fabric runs will be thoroughly washed and disinfected between stays, just like the outdoor run areas.
- Accommodation is fully enclosed in a well ventilated shed.
- Hutches and accommodation are protected from bad weather.
-Both sheds are locked securely every night to ensure the safety of all animals in our care. All windows are shut.
- Hutches are all covered with blankets at night, so that all animals feel safe and secure.
- Any animals who live together will not be separated, we understand how important it is to keep companion animals together. They will stay in the same hutch together. They will also play in the same run together during the day.
- Animals who are not from the same family/live together will not be put together under any circumstances, this can lead to aggression, fighting, and passing of disease. This includes tortoises who do not know each other.
-Sometimes tortoises from the same family will either need to be separated or put in separate runs from the start of their stay. This can be due to aggression, which can lead to injury or distress to the tortoise/s.
- Depending on weather conditions, all animals are exercised daily in runs on an outside area.
- In the event of rain, animals runs are covered over with waterproof sheeting, so guests can continue to enjoy the outside but stay dry. If the rain becomes torrential then I would get everybody in to the warmth of their hutches.
- All animals have daily interaction and handling.
- Any fruit and vegetables are provided by us on a daily basis depending on your pets' personal requirements.
- I am located about 15 minutes from a local veterinary practice with which we are registered.
- Any food such as hay, vegetables and pellets are given daily as requested by you.
We are very aware of the dangers of overheating for any animal, big or small, so all animals will go out first thing in the morning, into their runs to ensure they do not overheat(in the summer).
They will all have fresh water changed daily (and topped up during the day if needed) and fresh hay given at least twice daily.
You will need to provide enough hay, bedding and dry food for your rabbit/s or guinea pig/s stay.
- Animals are allocated spacious housing and a run, which are used exclusively by the individual animals.
- All runs and hutches/cages are thoroughly cleaned during their visit aswell as after every visit to prevent the spread of infection. All hutches are sprayed with a pet friendly pet disinfectant between use.
Guinea pigs, rabbits and tortoises will go in the garden in a run all day everyday, where they will beable to have access to hay, water and toys.
In the case of bad weather such as rain, unless you are not happy with them being out in the rain, we can cover their runs with waterproof sheeting where they can still enjoy the outside facilities without getting wet. If torrential rain occurs animals will be put back into the warmth of their hutch. All animals will be back in the safety of their hutches before it gets dark (all year round).
(R(V)HD) and (VHD2)
Please note: Without proof of up to date Vaccinations (yearly combi vaccine) and (VHD2) your rabbits will not be able to board with us. It is not worth the risk of illness or even death, if there was to be an out break. Even if your rabbit/s are house rabbits and do not go outside they can still catch VHD1 or myxomatosis, and VHD2. If you arrive without proof of your rabbits combination vaccination (Myxi and VHD2) and VHD2 being up to date, I will have to turn you away. This is even in the event of a non refundable deposit being paid.
This is another strain of VHD going around. This is not covered by the yearly combination vaccination. You need to leave at least 2 weeks between getting your rabbit vaccinated for the yearly combination vaccination and the new VHD2 vaccination. All rabbits who stay here need to be vaccinated for this aswell, and as with the other vaccination I need to see proof that it is in date for the whole stay in the form of a vaccination certificate/s.
NOBIVAC MYXO RHD PLUS
There are now vets who are offering a new 3 in one vaccine. So this would be the myxi, Vhd1 and vhd2 in one yearly vaccine. This is called the NOBIVAC MYXO-RHD PLUS. Please check with your vet first as to if it is available at your vet.
Any rabbit who is not up to date with all vaccinations, where no proof of vaccinations being up to date (and it is in date for the whole stay) has been shown, will be turned away.
-Rabbits need to have vaccinations up to date, both
myxomatosis and VHD(yearly combi vaccine) and the VHD2. You will need to bring their vaccination certificate/s when you bring your rabbit/s to stay.
- Water bottles, bowls, litter trays & toys are cleaned on a daily basis.
- Hutches and cages are cleaned on a regular basis.
-If you're pet/s need any kind of medication you will need to let us know before your pets stay, and give me details of how much how often the medication is needed. Any pre existing medication/medical issues I will need to know about and agree to before a booking is confirmed.
-If we need to take your pet to the vet we will take them to our local vet, which is located 15 minuits down the road.
I will email the agreement forms for you to read. By booking with me you are agreeing to the conditions and agreements.
If you do not have an email you will need to sign the conditions and agreement forms instead.
Pricing is per day regardless of when you bring or pick up, and boarding is a minimum of 1 nights stay (2 days). I do not have the set up to offer day care.
- Rabbits: £5.00 per day per single rabbit or £7.00 for two rabbits per day (where 2 rabbits are sharing a hutch)
- Guinea Pigs: £5.00 per day per single guinea pig or £7.00 for two guinea pigs per day (where they are sharing a hutch).
- Tortoises £5.50 per tortoise per day (in own small box, plastic or cardboard)
Payment is to be made in cash (put in envelope on arrival) or bank transfer (in advance of stay). If this is your pets first stay with us, you will be required to pay a non refundable deposit. Until this is paid a space has not been secured for you. Unfortunately I will not be able to offer viewings for the time being, and dropping off and collection will be on the doorstep with social distancing rules in place (please see my main website for further details or further down the page for covid conditions).
If for any reason you need to cancel then please let me know beforehand (as soon as you know) as I may have to turn somebody else away who was looking for the same or similar dates to you.
If you have paid a non refundable deposit and need to cancel this is non refundable, no matter what the reason, how long ago the booking was made, or how long before the boarding was due to take place.
For more information on pricing or anything else you would like to ask please visit my website, e-mail or phone me and I will get back to you. Please visit my website for the full conditions of stay.
Aswell as the lovely reviews on find pet boarding, you can also look at my website where there are many lovely recommendations from people who have already used my services.
There are also more photos of my guests, and more photos of the garden area and guests accommodation.
We can groom your pets fur and bath them if requested by you, you would need to bring any pet shampoo for us to use on them. Bathing costs £3.00 per animal. Brushing is no extra.
We cannot cut your pets claws, if you need your pets claws to be cut or trimmed before their stay then please get a vet or somebody experienced to do it for you.
I can send you photos of your pet while you are on holiday, whether you have access to your email or not you will be able to see the photos when you arrive back from your holiday. This is at no extra cost.
If you do not have an e-mail and have a mobile, I can
text you to let you know how your pets are doing.
Covid 19 Conditions:
Due to the current situation these conditions apply to all customers:
Unfortunately due to the current situation I will not be able to offer viewings for new customers, for the time being. However I do have photos on the website of all the facilities available to all guests. This includes the garden area with runs, for rabbits, guinea pigs and tortoises, and the guest sheds with night time hutches.
All bookings will be drop off and collection at the doorstep only.
• All customers must wear a mask at all times.
• Social distancing must be adhered to at all times. This means a distance of 2 meters minimum will need to be maintained from the front door at all times.
• All animals must be in a clean and secure carrier when dropping off. I will keep the carrier here during their stay. This will make pick ups more straight forward.
• You will put your pets carrier/s and all other items (bedding, hay, food etc) on the door step then step back at least 2 meters, before I will open the door.
• Vaccination certificates will need to be placed on top of the carrier for me to see (in the event of vaccinations needing to be seen). You will then need to stand back for me to pick them up to see them.
• If payment is to be made in cash then it needs to be put in an envelope and placed on top of the carrier.
• One adult only to drop off or pick up. Any additional adults or children will need to wait in your vehicle. If this is not possible they need to stand behind you.
• If there is already a customer at the door, please wait patiently in your vehicle until I indicate you can come down (I need to settle guest/s in and wash my hands etc).
• Please insure you keep away from all other visitors to our house at all times.
I’m sure that everybody will adhere to the social distancing rules, but for everyone’s safety anybody who does not adhere to the rules will be asked to leave. Any deposits already paid will not be refunded.
I am located on Miller Drive in Fareham, near Fareham leisure centre and the park.
Please contact me by e-mail or phone. I check my e-mail everyday, so will get back to you ASAP. The only days I will not reply to any emails or phone messages are on the below dates when I am closed for the day. This also includes over Christmas and new year when I am closed, and the few weeks in September I am not available. Please read below for more information.
If you phone and nobody answers, please leave a message with your name and number and why you are phoning. I will get back to you ASAP.
If you do not leave a message I cannot help you.
Opening times are:
Monday - Friday:
9.00am until 6.30pm.
Saturday and Sunday
9.00am - 12.00 (closed) open again: 3pm - 6.30pm.
There are also a few weeks in September where I am not available at all for boarding each year, but please check with me first what dates these are.
Also a few days where I will be closed for bringing and collecting but will be able to have guests to stay during these dates, as below:
-Sunday the 20th of June 2021 (Father's day)
-Monday the 13th of December 2021.
Please bear in mind the above dates when contacting me, as I will not be available on these days (This means I will not be available to reply to emails or phone messages on these days, aswell as bringing or collection which will not be available on these days). Please contact me on the days when I am not closed. As you can appreciate family time is precious.
I will also not be available over Christmas and New year (24th December - 2nd January) so please wait until the new year to contact me. As with the other dates I will not be available to reply to emails or phone messages over Christmas and New year. Thank you for your understanding and patience.