43 Miller Drive
Please mention you found us on: findpetboarding.com
I offer pet boarding for small animals (rabbits, guinea pigs and tortoises) for holidays in Fareham, Hampshire.
I have had many years of personal experience looking after rabbits, guinea pigs and tortoises.
I have looked after rabbits, (long haired and short), guinea pigs,(long haired and short) and tortoises, as part of my boarding service.
- Accommodation is fully enclosed in a well ventilated shed.
- Hutches and accommodation are protected from bad weather.
-The guest shed, as well as the residents shed is locked securely every night to ensure the safety of all animals in our care. All windows are shut.
- Hutches are all covered with blankets at night, so that all animals feel safe and secure.
- Any animals who live together will not be separated, we understand how important it is to keep companion animals together. They will stay in the same hutch together. They will also play in the same run together during the day.
- Animals who are not from the same family/live together will not be put together under any circumstances, this can lead to aggression, fighting, and passing of disease. This includes tortoises who do not know each other.
- Depending on weather conditions, all animals are exercised daily in runs on a outside area.
- In the event of rain, animals runs are covered over with waterproof sheeting, so guests can continue to enjoy the outside but stay dry.
- All animals have daily interaction and handling.
- Any fruit and vegetables are provided by us on a daily basis depending on your pets' personal requirements.
- I am located less than a mile from a local veterinary practice with which we are registered.
- Any food such as hay, vegetables and pellets are given daily as requested by you.
We are very aware of the dangers of overheating for any animal, big or small, so all animals will go out first thing in the morning, into their runs to ensure they do not overheat(in the summer).
They will all have fresh water changed daily (and topped up during the day if needed) and fresh hay given at least twice daily.
- Animals are allocated spacious housing and a run, which are used exclusively by the individual animals.
- All runs and hutches/cages are thoroughly cleaned during their visit aswell as after every visit to prevent the spread of infection. All hutches are sprayed with a pet friendly pet disinfectant between use.
Guinea pigs, rabbits and tortoises will go in the garden in a run all day everyday, where they will beable to have access to hay, water and toys.
In the case of bad weather such as rain, unless you are not happy with them being out in the rain, we can cover their runs with waterproof sheeting where they can still enjoy the outside facilities without getting wet. If torrential rain occurs animals will be put back into the warmth of their hutch. All animals will be back in the safety of their hutches before it gets dark (all year round).
-Rabbits need to have vaccinations up to date, both
myxomatosis and VHD(yearly combi vaccine). You will need to bring their vaccination certificate/s when you bring your rabbit/s to stay.
- Water bottles, bowls, litter trays & toys are cleaned on a daily basis.
- Hutches and cages are cleaned on a regular basis.
-If you're pet/s need any kind of medication you will need to let us know before your pets stay, you will need to fill out a medication agreement form. This is to give me permission to give your pet their medicine, how much and when to give their medicine to them.
-If we need to take your pet to the vet we will take them to our local vet, which is located 10 minuits down the road. You will be required to fill out a veterinary authorization form, which will give me permission to take your pet to the vet.
- Rabbits: £5.00 per day per single rabbit or £7.00 for two rabbits per day (where 2 rabbits are sharing a hutch)
- Guinea Pigs: £4.00 per day per single guinea pig or £6.00 for two guinea pigs per day (where they are sharing a hutch).
- Tortoises £4.50 each per day (in own cage)
Payment is to be made in cash or cheque on arrival. If this is your pets first stay with us, you will be required to pay a non refundable deposit. Until this is paid a space has not been secured for you.
If for any reason you need to cancel then please let me know beforehand (as soon as you know) as I may have to turn somebody else away who was looking for the same or similar dates to you.
If you have paid a non refundable deposit and need to cancel this is non refundable, no matter what the reason, how long ago the booking was made, or how long before the boarding was due to take place.
For more information on pricing or anything else you would like to ask including Christmas prices, please visit my website, e-mail or phone me and I will get back to you.
Aswell as the lovely reviews on find pet boarding, you can also look at my website where there are many lovely recommendations from people who have already used my services.
There are also more photos of my guests, and more photos of the garden area and guests accommodation.
We can groom your pets fur and bath them if requested by you, you would need to bring any pet shampoo for us to use on them. Bathing costs £3.00 per animal. Brushing is no extra.
We cannot cut your pets claws, if you need your pets claws to be cut or trimmed before their stay then please get a vet or somebody experienced to do it for you.
I can send you photos of your pet while you are on holiday, whether you have access to a computer or not you will be able to see the photos when you arrive back from your holiday. This is at no extra cost.
If you do not have an e-mail and have a mobile, I can
text you to let you know how your pets are doing.
Full details will be given, but I am located on Miller Drive in Fareham, near Fareham leisure centre and the park.
Please contact me by e-mail or phone. I check my e-mail everyday, so will get back to you ASAP. Any viewing will need to be arranged by e-mail or phone.
If you phone and nobody answers please leave a message with your name, number and why you are phoning. If you do not leave a message I cannot help you.
Viewing is not compulsory and is completely up to you as to whether you would like to view first.
Opening times are:
Monday - Friday:
9.00am until 6.30pm.
Saturday and Sunday
9.00am - 12.00 (closed) open again: 3pm - 6.30pm.